Does the city offer solid waste collection for physically or elderly disabled citizens?

The Public Works Department, Sanitation Division does offer special collection services upon receiving a valid request. Ask your doctor to complete a verification form which is available by calling the Public Works Department at 919-563-3401.

Upon receiving the completed doctor’s verification form, special collection services will be scheduled for the duration agreed upon based on the doctor’s recommendation. This service is typically provided for the physically or elderly disabled. City staff will occasionally request an update from the receiver of this special service, typically via mail, to assure this service is still required.

Close window