How do I determine if I need to apply for rezoning? A special use permit?

TheĀ  Table of Permitted Uses in the Mebane Unified Development Ordinance will show how you may use your property, given its zoning district. If a use is permitted, it will be labeled with a “Z” in the Table; if it requires a Special Use Permit, it will be labeled with a “CC”” If a rezoning and/or special use is needed, it will need to be considered for a recommendation by the Planning Board and action by the City Council at a public hearing. Per State law, the property also must be posted and the public notified about the request. This entire process takes, at minimum, 3 months

Close window