FAQ Topic: Services & safety

How do I set up new garbage, water and/or sewer service?

If you do not have water and sewer taps in place, call the Public Utilities Department at (919) 563-3401. If taps are in place and you are setting up new service or transferring service select a link below. New Residential Service New Non-Residential Service

How do I properly dispose of paints and chemicals?

The City of Mebane can not collect paints and chemicals. There are two Household Hazardous Waste collections in Orange County: The Eubanks Rd. Waste & Recycling Center The Walnut Grove Church Rd. Waste & Recycling Center

How do I dispose of used oil and oil filters?

Used oil and filters are not collected by the city and must be taken to the Alamance County Landfill located at 2701 Austin Quarter Rd. in Graham, NC. Some auto parts stores also collect these items if you purchased the oil and filter from the store.

How do I dispose of electronic waste (e-waste)?

The State of North Carolina banned TV’s and computers from being placed in the landfill. The Alamance County Landfill accepts most anything electronic based (or most anything with a plug). The landfill is located at 2701 Austin Quarter Rd. in Graham, NC.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Accident and incident reports can be requested via email at records@mebanepd.com or in person, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please allow 3-5 business days after the initial incident for the report to be completed and approved.

Close window