FAQ Topic: Starting a new business

How do I get a beer and/or wine license?

The process for obtaining an initial ABC license to sell beer or wine includes Inspections, approval of the Police Chief, and approval of the local ABC Board before payment can be made and a license issued. Please see the ABC Board’s website for more information. Once approved, the Finance Department will issue notices of annual … Continued

How do I set up new garbage, water and/or sewer service?

If you do not have water and sewer taps in place, call the Public Utilities Department at (919) 563-3401. If taps are in place and you are setting up new service or transferring service select a link below. New Residential Service New Non-Residential Service

How do I schedule an inspection?

To schedule an inspection or to pick up an application, call the office of the Building Inspector at (919) 563-9990. Inspections must be requested the day before between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The permit number will be required to schedule the inspection. The inspectors are usually available between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., and … Continued

How do I get a building permit?

To apply for a building permit you must complete the application and submit it to the Inspections Department. When applying for a building permit you must provide a plot plan showing where on the property the structure will be located. In the event that city water and sewer will not be available, you must supply … Continued

Close window