FAQ Topic: Police FAQs

What outreach opportunities do you offer to students who are “at risk?”

Our School Resource Officer (SRO) at Hawfields Middle School is able to identify and offer 6th and 7th grade students the opportunity to participate in the Junior Police Academy during the summer. This program is run in conjunction with other SRO’s at other schools within the ABSS system. Students and parents are interviewed by the … Continued

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Accident and incident reports can be requested via email at records@mebanepd.com or in person, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please allow 3-5 business days after the initial incident for the report to be completed and approved.

How do I get my property back?

If you are a defendant in the case, you must seek authorization from the courts (i.e. Judge’s Order or District Attorney’s office written approval).   Firearms seized must have a Judge’s Order. If you are a victim in the case, you may reach out to the District Attorney’s office for written approval or the assigned investigator. 

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?

For police emergencies, please call 911. For police non-emergencies,  please contact Alamance County Central Communications at (336) 570-6777. To contact members of the police department with general questions, please call (919) 563-9031. To request reports, or hire off duty officer(s) email: records@mebanepd.com.

How do I pay a ticket?

You can pay at a drop box located at 106 E. Washington St., Mebane, NC 27302 or mail to 106 E. Washington St. Mebane, NC, 27302.

Close window