Police frequently asked questions


Our School Resource Officer (SRO) at Hawfields Middle School is able to identify and offer 6th and 7th grade students the opportunity to participate in the Junior Police Academy during the summer. This program is run in conjunction with other SRO’s at other schools within the ABSS system. Students and parents are interviewed by the SRO to gauge their interest in the program before committing. Based on the interview, the students are then carefully selected by the SRO to participate in the program. During the four week program, students interact with participants from other schools, as well as officers and deputies from other Alamance County law enforcement agencies. The program is aimed at encouraging students to make better decisions, build teamwork principles and foster better relationships with law enforcement. For more information about the Junior Police Academy, please contact the Mebane Police Department and ask to speak with our current SRO. 

We currently are not providing permit numbers for registration, however we are submitting the completed form to the Alamance County Communication Center for emergency contact purposes.

You should report them to either Duke Energy at https://www.duke-energy.com  (800) 777-9898 or Piedmont Electric at (919) 732-2123 or (800) 449-2667.

All gun permit inquiries and applications must be obtained from the Sheriff’s Department in the county in which you reside.

Accident and incident reports can be requested via email at records@mebanepd.com or in person, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please allow 3-5 business days after the initial incident for the report to be completed and approved.

If you are a defendant in the case, you must seek authorization from the courts (i.e. Judge’s Order or District Attorney’s office written approval).  

Firearms seized must have a Judge’s Order.

If you are a victim in the case, you may reach out to the District Attorney’s office for written approval or the assigned investigator. 

Liquids, inhalers, aerosol cans, needles, thermometers, lotions, medication from businesses or clinics.

Prescription medication, over-the counter medication, vitamins, samples, pet medication, and prescription ointments.

For police emergencies, please call 911. For police non-emergencies,  please contact Alamance County Central Communications at (336) 570-6777. To contact members of the police department with general questions, please call (919) 563-9031. To request reports, or hire off duty officer(s) email: records@mebanepd.com.

You can pay at a drop box located at 106 E. Washington St., Mebane, NC 27302 or mail to 106 E. Washington St. Mebane, NC, 27302.

Close window