Recreation and Parks frequently asked questions

You may register for programs and rent facilities online using Civic Rec. To use the system you will need to create an online account. If you are having trouble, call us at (919) 563-3629.

Each park and facility page includes a calendar that shows if a facility or field is reserved. Generally, fields are available for open play during park hours if they are not reserved.

The City of Mebane has a plethora of ball fields for rent for your next training, practice, game or tournament.  You can request a reservation online. If you don’t have an account yet, you must first register as a user. After you submit your request, one of our Recreation and Parks Leaders will either approve your request or contact you with questions. If your request is approved you will be prompted to pay. If you are having problems online, we are happy to assist you. Please call (919) 563-3629 for more information.

The Mebane Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) contracts with the City of Mebane to use soccer fields.  The City of Mebane does not organize, operate or supervise MYSA’s program.  If you have questions about youth soccer programs, please visit the MYSA website or email them.

Personal grills are not allowed at our parks. Lake Michael and Holt St. Park have available charcoal grills near the shelter areas for your use.

You may walk your dog at City parks and on trails, but they must be on a leash at all times. Unless exempt, dogs are not allowed in any public meetings, on any of the ball fields, or in any of the athletic complexes.  Most parks have dog waste stations that supply patrons with clean up bags and places to dispose of those bags.  Please clean up after your pets.

Yes. You can buy a license online. You can also get one by calling 1-888-2HUNTFISH (1-888-248-6834) or from any license agent.

No. Alcohol and tobacco are prohibited at all City facilities, including parks, ball fields, and at Lake Michael. (Municipal Code 22-1, 22-12).

No, personal or rented bounce houses are not allowed at any parks or facilities. The Recreation and Parks Director may grant approval for city-sponsored events.

Currently, the City of Mebane does not allow drone usage.  Please email the Recreation and Parks Director for approval.

Metal detector use is not allowed at any City of Mebane property.  This includes all parks, greenways, and trails.

Close window